Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: CROCKER SCHOOL  (Read 19486 times)

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
Re: CROCKER SCHOOL
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2008, 12:19:19 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Thats exactly why I am frustrated. They can't give me any numbers or dates for anything. Not even simple things like "when are the the report cards coming out" The students at Crocker are being cheated out of a quality education for no apparent reason. I would like to see this changed.(even if it hurts someones feelings) Change or not I will sleep well knowing that I tried, will they?
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline Law101

• Global Moderator
  • Big Piney Community Activist
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2008, 01:02:35 PM »
If you go to the Board meeting, I would suggest you stay calm and reasonable if you want them to listen to you.  You have to be prepared to compromise as they probably will not change the schedule just for the sake of one student, especially if their are alternate options available for that student.  As far as anyone being able to give you exact details on when everything is going to happen during the next school year, I don't know when they put together the "calendar" for the next year.  I would think that as busy as they are with the all the things involved in ending this school year, they may not have had the time to work much on next years schedule. 

One other point to keep in mind is that in most of our rural schools, many employees have to wear "many hats."  This means that they have many different job responsiblities and, just like parents, some things may have to be put on the "back burner" once in a while. 

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2008, 01:51:29 PM »
I have never said that I want things changed for the sake of one student. I will try my best to to listen to your suggestion and be calm and reasonable at the meeting. Admittedly I could improve in that area. I was a construction foreman for 27 years where diplomacy was not a job requirement.  (closing eyes and taking deep breaths)
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline Law101

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2008, 02:13:37 PM »
Sometimes it is difficult to keep your emotions out of a presentation when you feel very strongly about something, but you will get further if you are able to do so.  I have found that putting my problem and possible solutions on paper, along with my arguements, helps me to stay in control.  Sometimes it is easier to read the paper outloud, along with giving them copies of it so they can refer back to it. 

I have also found that trying to put myself in that persons shoes helps me to better understand their point of view.

Last, but not least, "there are always 3 sides to every story, not because anyone is lying, but because everyone sees and interrpets things from their own point of view."  Don't know who said it but I have found it to be true and remembering it helps me to keep my cool and not take things personally.  I still have days when I get fired up over an issue but I have a "24 hour" rule.  I wait 24 hours before I respond to something that upsets me.  It gives me time to cool off and think things through and many times I have found that upon thinking it through, I was too sensitive at the time and took something wrong or out of context.

Hope this has helped you a little. 

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 14, 2008, 02:29:32 PM »
Very nice Law !
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline Gascozark

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2008, 04:42:44 AM »
To all the “lie down and take it” folks:  SHAME ON YOU!!!

How dare you criticize Mark for wanting the best for his daughter!
He has recognized an existing problem and is taking the appropriate steps to try and get it corrected.  Not only for his child but for every student that chooses to attend WTA.  We all know that there is no perfect school system, but when someone takes the steps to make it better for everyone he catches flak for it?!?!

Mark, as a parent myself, I wish you good luck at the school board meeting.  Please keep us posted on this matter.

A problem rarely ever fixes itself.  It takes someone that is willing to take the initiative to see that it is rectified.

Offline Kristi Marie

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2008, 05:26:18 AM »
he got in trouble for calling names not wanting better for his daughter.. keep reading..

Offline 2manyhats2

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2008, 10:29:41 AM »
I hate to share this, but all of the smaller schools have the same kind of schedule. My kids took classes from OTC on the side except for the youngest, her choice. With the new facility opening this fall in Waynesville your kiddo might consider doing the same. The credits will count towards HS requirements too, without all the crap associated with your district. Just a suggestion.

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2008, 12:16:12 PM »
I know that some of the schools around here schedule classes this way. I've been told its been this way for 15 years. I have heard many parents tell me their kids have had to find creative alternatives. I have talked with several board members, the principal, the counselor, and all of you, and NO ONE CAN TELL ME WHY?
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline hancock

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2008, 04:32:46 PM »
The "why" is very simple.  It's a small school.  There are what, maybe 35 to 40 kids tops per grade, right?  And maybe 10 of those will go to Vo-Tech.  And of that 10, maybe 1 or 2 will want to take a particular class that is only offered in the morning, when they are gone to Vo-Tech.  So the school is supposed to hire another teacher for 1 or 2 kids?  Maybe they should just drop one of the other afternoon classes, one that 20 students are taking, in favor of teaching the 1 or 2?  That's not an efficient use of time, money or facilities.  This is precisely the reason that the State Dept of Education created MO-VIP.  For small districts to be able to accomodate students in your child's situation. 
An Army mom doesn't cry.........in front of her soldier

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 16, 2008, 06:05:05 PM »
MAYBE you should get some facts before posting.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline hancock

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 16, 2008, 09:15:44 PM »
I've had kids there for eight years, please tell me where I'm wrong.  The biggest class in the school is graduating, it's less than 50 kids.  I've had a kid in Vo-Tech, who took an on-line class, and another one who is taking a foreign language on-line this fall since the school does not offer it.  But I'm not demanding they schedule a special class to teach my child that particular subject when it is available elsewhere.  I saw this coming years ago when my oldest started junior high.  That's why I was among the very first to sign up with MO-VIP. 

Scarcity of resources! 

Offline hancock

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 16, 2008, 09:27:53 PM »
MAYBE you should get some facts before posting.
Look, I've been exactly in your shoes and I've been trying to give you helpful, practical advice based on experience.  In return, you want to be rude.  Forget it, not really all that interested in it anymore.

Offline Probie

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 16, 2008, 11:25:31 PM »
Mark maybe your the one that needs to know that facts lets see I've been out of school for 2 years now and that's exactly how it was... 32 in my graduating class.... maybe 8 of them went to votech...   

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 17, 2008, 12:33:00 PM »
I'm not going to debate all the issues on here. If you think you have a good reason to stop me from trying to get the kids in Crocker a better education, then go to the meeting. 6:00pm May 27th.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline hancock

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 17, 2008, 04:55:03 PM »
I'm sure that your charismatic and persuasive rhetoric will no doubt win the day  :)

Somebody call PETA, a dead horse is being beaten

Offline 2manyhats2

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 18, 2008, 12:06:28 PM »
OTC is another option. Students can take classes and receive high school and college credit. Just a thought, if Crocker won't fly with MoVip.

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 20, 2008, 02:30:20 PM »
I think they have decided to add at least one advanced class in the afternoon. Bravo Crocker!
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline mandie_81z

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 20, 2008, 06:04:44 PM »
And it could be done, which the nonbelievers above didn't believe. Here's one for those who alluded to beating a dead horse. Hope it works, think its really cute.
http://fc07.deviantart.com/fs6/i/2005/064/c/0/Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gif

Offline julymorning

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 20, 2008, 06:07:13 PM »
  copied it from ya Mandie.

We need this added to our board smileys.  It would probably be utilized frequently.
Hey, it's just me, Suzi

Offline mandie_81z

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 20, 2008, 06:08:32 PM »
Thanks, couldn't figure out how to get only the graphic on here.

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 20, 2008, 06:15:37 PM »
 :{:{:Thanks to all who support education for our children.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline Rainbow

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2008, 03:56:41 PM »
 :karma:karma for you Mark! $$$##@

Offline Law101

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 21, 2008, 09:32:54 PM »
Good for you Mark.  I hope you kept your cool and explained your position well.  I am proud of you!!!

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 13, 2009, 06:29:04 PM »
Update:   Katherine took the H.S. chemistry course that I fought so hard to get. (not because she hadn't already met her requirements but because as a future nurse we thought it important that have this class and other College prep courses). Her final grade A so she did her part as well. I hope next year with at least two quality board members that I know, they will better plan the schedule to accommodate the growing number of kids attending the new vo-tech center. You can make a difference if you try hard enough! I can't remember the exact number but I think at least 30 kids attended the new vo-tech 7 of which were in nursing.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline ozarkgirl

• Happy.....Happy*****Joy.....Joy
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 13, 2009, 11:22:59 PM »
Kudos!!!...from a Crocker grad myself. All be it 1980's :woohoo:

Offline whatsnew

• I love coffee
  • I must have coffee or I am very grouchy
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 25, 2009, 02:54:18 PM »
 :woohoo: Mark, I am just now seeing this.. Ahh Crocker school.. I could write a book.
I can say that I was at a school board meeting with my 16 yr old son.. I was told amd I quote because I will never forget it..."Maybe your son should drop out of school, because school is not for everyone" %%$%$$# %%$%$$#  You spend your parenting life trying to convince kids they need an education.. all for a superintendant to make this idiotic remark in front of your child. :poke:  I do however, still have the handwritten apologies from every school board member including the Board president..  :yahoo:
SO thats my opinion of Crocker school.. Nothing like the good ole days when I went.. I do now have grandchildren that beg me not to have to go there.. But we live here..
Yesterday is history
Tomorrow is a mystery
Today is a gift
Thats why they call it the present

Offline Kristi Marie

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 26, 2009, 12:21:25 AM »
My son was told pretty much the same thing~ hard to get a good job with out a high school diploma tho~ we are checking out job corps now~

Offline whatsnew

• I love coffee
  • I must have coffee or I am very grouchy
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 26, 2009, 12:32:37 AM »
My son was told pretty much the same thing~ hard to get a good job with out a high school diploma tho~ we are checking out job corps now~

In't it sad for school officials to actually sauy that to ANY student.. And yes.. A high School diploma is extremely important... :fight:
Yesterday is history
Tomorrow is a mystery
Today is a gift
Thats why they call it the present

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 26, 2009, 12:44:30 AM »

In't it sad for school officials to actually sauy that to ANY student.. And yes.. A high School diploma is extremely important... :fight:
Sauy??  alright it's back to school for you!! ;D   ((*(*&
Now go stand in the corner :yahoo: >:D

Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.