Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Officers wrap up huge drug probe in Pulaski, Phelps counties  (Read 41108 times)

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
  • Home is what you make it.
    • View Profile

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

WAYNESVILLE, Mo. -- Raids and arrests in two counties early Wednesday are the result of a two-year drug trafficking investigation. Law officers say they could end up arresting and charging 30 to 50 people. Pulaski County Sheriff J.B. King and law officers described the investigation at a news conference here on Wednesday afternoon. They say the illegal drugs involved in the probe include ecstasy, heroin, methamphetamine, crack and marijuna. Officers carrying 26 or 27 arrest warrants started rounding up suspects early Wednesday in Pulaski and Phelps counties. King said not that many people were arrested, however, but officers would continue looking for those named on the warrants. King said the suspects mostly all know each other. Some of them work at Fort Leonard Wood, just south of Waynesville and St. Robert, but none are active military members. Instead, they're civilian employees of contractors on the fort. The investigation included an undercover officer from the Missouri State Highway Patrol, Cpl. Tim Hannan, who made many of the purchases from the suspects. Court records show the buys occurred as long ago as Dec. 5, 2005, and at various times since. Other involved agencies besides the two sheriff's departments are the U.S. attorney's office, the federal Drug Enforcement Administration and the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms. Most of the charges already filed are by the Pulaski and Phelps County prosecuting attorneys but federal prosecutors and grand juries might also file charges. According to online court records and information from the Pulaski County Circuit Clerk, here are people who were charged Monday, and for whom judges issued warrants, with distributing controlled substances or illegal drugs. In Pulaski County, a judge set bonds of $15,000 per charge for each person. In Phelps County, a judge set bonds of $100,000 and $250,000 for people charged there.
Pulaski County:
John McCurley Jr., Crocker [meth]
Laurie Kozuszek, Waynesville [meth, 5 counts]
Ebon Hampton, St. Robert [cocaine]
Colleen White, St. Robert [marijuana]
Darren Toney, Waynesville [oxycodone]
Emilie Toole, St. Robert [marijuana]
Garrett Rose, Dixon [hydromorphone, oxycodone]
Jerome Shelton, St. Robert [meth and cocaine]
Lainie Poppo, Waynesville [cocaine]
Anna Moore, Waynesville [cocaine, 2 counts]
Lindy McKinnon, Waynesville [meth]
Roosevelt Overton, unknown [cocaine]
Jerry Checotah, Waynesville, [cocaine, 2 counts]
Regina Carethers, St. Robert [cocaine, 2 counts]
Phelps County
Verna Sharp, Newburg
James Franks, Newburg
Laurie Kozuszek, Waynesville
Lindy McKinnon, Waynesville
Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous...

“The truth is, everyone is going to end up hurting you. You just have to find the ones who are worth suffering for.”

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
Re: Officers wrap up huge drug probe in Pulaski, Phelps counties
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 11:29:52 AM »
Before anyone says anything about the low bonds in Pulaski County they are Cash Only bonds.  15k was the lowest.  If a person had multiple counts their bond is higher.

Offline mandie_81z

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 11:59:37 AM »
Cash only means they have to have the full amount to get out right???

Offline Law101

• Global Moderator
  • Big Piney Community Activist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 12:14:03 PM »
Great job done by everyone involved. 

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 12:24:42 PM »
Cash only means they have to have the full amount to get out right???

Yes the full amount in cash money!

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 12:39:04 PM »
Saw it on the St. Louis news...I'm so proud of the Pulaski County Law Enforcement and other agencies.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• Land Of The Free, Because Of The Brave
  • Riding Vertical Shiny Side Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2008, 01:44:16 PM »
Lindy McKinnon, where do i know that name?
Freedom Of Road Riders,
Protecting and informing riders in Missouri
www.midamericafreedomrally.com

Please watch out for Motorcycles on the road
The life you save might be mine

Offline soso

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2008, 01:46:15 PM »

stirring the pot are we??
"Life should NOT be a  journey to the grave with the  intention of arriving  safely in  an attractive and well preserved body, but  rather to skid in   sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly  used up, totally worn  out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Author Unknown

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2008, 01:52:38 PM »
Shes the mother of my kid, and I already had 80 percent custody. I spent 10,000 to try and get my kid from her 100 percent, but failed.. Looks like I will have her 100 percent now.. She failed to give me her last Hair Folicle test the court had ordered, she's not gong to see my kid agin I hope.. I used to cringe everytime I took her there.

Offline my3sons

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2008, 01:57:21 PM »
All I can say is FINALLY.  Yeah, hopefully.

Offline Jax

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2008, 02:00:34 PM »
Amen, Amen on two counts!
The first and foremost that these people have been stopped.

Second, that a decent man is finally going to gain full custody of his child from an indecent woman. This is important to me because I have seen this injustice and it's effects on the children too many times.

Let's remember this on election day.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2008, 02:03:33 PM »
She has two charges on case net in Phelps county alone.. That would make three counts when you add Pulaski's, but we don't know yet how many counts in Pulaski. This would be her first charges for sales as far as I know, all her other charges had been for possession.

Offline murfyzlaw

• My beautiful grandsons
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2008, 02:26:02 PM »
Rick,It's unfortunate for your child that his Mom is doing what she is doing, but it is good for him that she got caught  too, because now he won't be exposed to that life style any longer.  And you won't have to worry any more.  I am happy for you both.
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Remember that no matter how bad things are in your life, there are others dealing with much worse obstacles, and be thankful for what you have.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2008, 02:35:25 PM »
Problem here is, innocent until proven guilty, so there is no telling what a court may give her. I have the right as of now to deny visitation on the grounds that she didn't turn her test into me on time.. It is now up to her to try and take me to court for visitation.. This bust has no immediate affect on my case.. I could file an order of child protection, and I may do that.. I will speak to my attorney today.

Rick,It's unfortunate for your child that his Mom is doing what she is doing, but it is good for him that she got caught  too, because now he won't be exposed to that life style any longer.  And you won't have to worry any more.  I am happy for you both.

Offline murfyzlaw

• My beautiful grandsons
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2008, 02:50:08 PM »
Good luck !
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Remember that no matter how bad things are in your life, there are others dealing with much worse obstacles, and be thankful for what you have.

Offline babygirl79

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2008, 10:11:04 PM »
The investigation included an undercover officer from the Missouri State Highway Patrol, Cpl. Tim Hannan, who made many of the purchases from the suspects.

Now why and the heck would you even put his name in here if he is supose to be undercover...  Hopefully that is a fake name...  Thats crazy... any one else notice that

Offline Kristi Marie

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2008, 10:23:24 PM »
I'm glad Audrey is going to be just with you Rick~ She is such a sweetie pie~

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2008, 11:24:17 PM »
The investigation included an undercover officer from the Missouri State Highway Patrol, Cpl. Tim Hannan, who made many of the purchases from the suspect

Now why and the heck would you even put his name in here if he is supose to be undercover...  Hopefully that is a fake name...  Thats crazy... any one else notice that

The defendent has the right to confront his accusor therefore the officers name will not be sealed. Besides Tim's next assignment is not undercover.
            JB

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2008, 12:00:46 AM »
Before anyone says anything about the low bonds in Pulaski County they are Cash Only bonds.  15k was the lowest.  If a person had multiple counts their bond is higher.

OK, $100,000.00 cash or surety bond means you can post 10% with a bondsman and get out. That would be $10,000.00 but with a cash only $15,000.00 you need the whole $15,000.00 and furthermore the fine print said $15,000.00 per charge. So for the most part our inmate board bill just went up and will stay up.

JB

Offline laciesmom

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2008, 01:14:18 AM »
Way to Go PCSO, I am so proud of all of you!!!  Really great job.  Thanks go to all deputies, detectives, dispatchers and jail staff.  You all should be proud.

Brenda
Real love stories never have endings.
Richard Bach

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2008, 12:15:34 PM »
Authorities said the sweep has resulted in the discovery of what is believed to be military munitions. More arrests are expected.

During the two-year investigation, an undercover state trooper purchased heroin, crack cocaine, marijuana, methamphetamine and ecstasy.

Law officers also found what they believe is a live hand grenade and another unspecified military explosive device among other firearms in the arsenal of the suspected drug dealers.

Numerous civilian contract employees of mess halls at Fort Leonard Wood were among those arrested. The federal warrants were issued because many of the drug sales allegedly happened at Fort Leonard Wood.

No military personnel were believed to be among those arrested.

Fourteen people face charges in Pulaski County, with four others charged in nearby Phelps County. The sheriff said once additional state and federal warrants are served, the total number of suspects charged could number between 30 and 50.
Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

“The truth is, everyone is going to end up hurting you. You just have to find the ones who are worth suffering for.”

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2008, 12:27:22 PM »
Don't they have preemployment drug screenings?

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2008, 01:01:20 PM »
Don't they have preemployment drug screenings?

EDP has quit doing pre-employment drug testing due to high cost is what I was told by someone who works for them.

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2008, 01:03:55 PM »
Yes, they do.  But the applicants know this and clean up their act long enough to pass the drug test.  And their has been no random testing at least in my dil mess hall since she became full time. 

They quit doing random tests a long time ago due to costs.  EDP is worried about 1 thing....$$  IMO.  They don't care about their employees if they quit, gripe etc. because they know they pay the highest wages around and they always have someone to fill your spot. 

Offline tinker

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2008, 03:00:37 PM »
Dear Ladies and Gentlemen:
I would like to take this opportunity to clarify some things that have been showing up on this web site which are derogatory remarks to the food service contractor, E.D.P. Enterprises, Inc.

E.D.P. has a collective bargaining agreement with the National Association of Government Employees, Local R14-139, which allows drug testing for pre-employment.  It has cost E.D.P. Enterprises, Inc. $61,000.00, paid to St. John's Mercy Medical, for drug testing and we do not hire anyone who tests positive for drugs.  Our hiring policy gives the individuals less than 24 hours from the time they are notified to submit their applications to the time they are drug tested. 

To clarify one other item, the latest drug raid that was conducted only arrested ONE employee of E.D.P. Enterprises, Inc. and we have between 850-900 employees.  The policy for random drug testing is covered in our collective bargaining agreement - when an individual is reported as being suspected of using drugs we notify the Union and ask permission as set forth in the collective bargaining agreement.  Once the Union agrees, these individuals are tested.  If they test positive they are immediately suspended and must go through rehab and test clean for all drugs before they can return back to work.  Then they are continuously tested for the next 18 months.  I hope that this will clarify all of the misleading information you have previously read. 

James E. Davis
Project Manager, E.D.P.

Offline ShowmeHillbilly

• Actions speak louder than words, U have 2 show me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2008, 03:22:51 PM »
I know for fact of an individual who was doing drugs and working for your facility and was turned in. He was then told when he would be tested so... he had what is called a "piss bag" in his refridgerator that had someone's clean urine in it,(these "piss bags" can be purchased at a local store in St. Robert where other paraphenillia is sold) he then put it in between his legs all day to "warm it to body temperature" and then went into the bathroom and gave you a negative drug test. Now... the reason I know this is because I happened to be related went to visit his kids and got a bottle and saw this "bag" in his fridge and I asked what it was and they volunteered the info without hesitation! I tried to do something about it by calling whomever I could call to no avail. Innocent till proven guilty.
Problem is; you can take hair instead of pee but now they say they can use some kind of chemical on their hair to make negative test results. Ive heard of them drinking whole jars of pickle juice to hide blood checks the ideas go on and on . Rather they work or not I wouldnt know because I have NEVER touched the stuff and turn in anyone I think who does but this is alot bigger than we ever could imagine and they find ways to beat the system. It is absolutely crazy!!!

Not putting down Edp but going to have to go into the bathrooms with em or something. With the drugs and etc. and hepatitis C and etc that these addicts carry I wouldnt want any of them cooking my food. There has got to be another way and I feel for you and any other company or business that has to spend the money to even have to do this at all. It not only costs you but us good paying tax payers as well! It just disturbs me!
*to know a business can even sell the stuff like these "pee bags" is beyond me but you have to prove what they are being used for right?
Its a no win situation!

GREAT JOB PULASKI COUNTY! WE HAVE GOT TO GET THEM OFF OUR STREETS! OUT OF OUR SCHOOLS AND AWAY FROM OUR KIDS!!!
I think we need desolate islands we can put all the druggies on, one for all the murderers, one for all the pediphiles and take them by boat and leave em to fend for themselves. Give them their own little world to fend for themselves where they arent around us and we arent paying for them and let them kill each other if they want! JMOwn Opinion!

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen:
I would like to take this opportunity to clarify some things that have been showing up on this web site which are derogatory remarks to the food service contractor, E.D.P. Enterprises, Inc.

E.D.P. has a collective bargaining agreement with the National Association of Government Employees, Local R14-139, which allows drug testing for pre-employment.  It has cost E.D.P. Enterprises, Inc. $61,000.00, paid to St. John's Mercy Medical, for drug testing and we do not hire anyone who tests positive for drugs.  Our hiring policy gives the individuals less than 24 hours from the time they are notified to submit their applications to the time they are drug tested. 

To clarify one other item, the latest drug raid that was conducted only arrested ONE employee of E.D.P. Enterprises, Inc. and we have between 850-900 employees.  The policy for random drug testing is covered in our collective bargaining agreement - when an individual is reported as being suspected of using drugs we notify the Union and ask permission as set forth in the collective bargaining agreement.  Once the Union agrees, these individuals are tested.  If they test positive they are immediately suspended and must go through rehab and test clean for all drugs before they can return back to work.  Then they are continuously tested for the next 18 months.  I hope that this will clarify all of the misleading information you have previously read. 

James E. Davis
Project Manager, E.D.P.
You never know how STRONG you are...until being strong is the ONLY choice you have.
Life Isnt about waiting for the storm to pass...Its about learning to dance in the rain.
Someday someone will walk into your life & make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else!

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2008, 04:31:49 PM »
No cook at any local school is tested at all a far as I know.. Why set the bar so hight for EDP? They atleast made an atempt to identify these people.. That's more than your local school district does.

I know for fact of an individual who was doing drugs and working for your facility and was turned in. He was then told when he would be tested so... he had what is called a "piss bag" in his refridgerator that had someone's clean urine in it,(these "piss bags" can be purchased at a local store in St. Robert where other paraphenillia is sold) he then put it in between his legs all day to "warm it to body temperature" and then went into the bathroom and gave you a negative drug test. Now... the reason I know this is because I happened to be related went to visit his kids and got a bottle and saw this "bag" in his fridge and I asked what it was and they volunteered the info without hesitation! I tried to do something about it by calling whomever I could call to no avail. Innocent till proven guilty.
Problem is; you can take hair instead of pee but now they say they can use some kind of chemical on their hair to make negative test results. Ive heard of them drinking whole jars of pickle juice to hide blood checks the ideas go on and on . Rather they work or not I wouldnt know because I have NEVER touched the stuff and turn in anyone I think who does but this is alot bigger than we ever could imagine and they find ways to beat the system. It is absolutely crazy!!!

Not putting down Edp but going to have to go into the bathrooms with em or something. With the drugs and etc. and hepatitis C and etc that these addicts carry I wouldnt want any of them cooking my food. There has got to be another way and I feel for you and any other company or business that has to spend the money to even have to do this at all. It not only costs you but us good paying tax payers as well! It just disturbs me!
*to know a business can even sell the stuff like these "pee bags" is beyond me but you have to prove what they are being used for right?
Its a no win situation!

GREAT JOB PULASKI COUNTY! WE HAVE GOT TO GET THEM OFF OUR STREETS! OUT OF OUR SCHOOLS AND AWAY FROM OUR KIDS!!!
I think we need desolate islands we can put all the druggies on, one for all the murderers, one for all the pediphiles and take them by boat and leave em to fend for themselves. Give them their own little world to fend for themselves where they arent around us and we arent paying for them and let them kill each other if they want! JMOwn Opinion!

Offline ShowmeHillbilly

• Actions speak louder than words, U have 2 show me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2008, 05:08:34 PM »
I understand that Rick and agree and wonder why the school personal arent tested as well! I believe this should be done as well. but as my quote mainly focused on is that they have ways around it.

No cook at any local school is tested at all a far as I know.. Why set the bar so hight for EDP? They atleast made an atempt to identify these people.. That's more than your local school district does.

You never know how STRONG you are...until being strong is the ONLY choice you have.
Life Isnt about waiting for the storm to pass...Its about learning to dance in the rain.
Someday someone will walk into your life & make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else!

Offline julymorning

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2008, 05:14:02 PM »
And the druggies (and drinkers) have to be careful of those ways around it too.  They can test out TOO clean with some of those methods, and get caught.  I'm saying some of those ways take out more than just illegal evidence.
Hey, it's just me, Suzi