Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: So now comes the questions  (Read 3633 times)

retired1_us

So now comes the questions
« on: June 05, 2008, 05:27:29 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

There are many peripheral, but the BIG one is, now that he has a serious chance......what do you personally see on the horizon?  Hope, dispare, mixed bag???
Having lived through the 60's.....I am a bit concerned.

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
Re: So now comes the questions
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 05:35:35 PM »
Having lived through the 60's but not remembering it.......ha ha......I pray that whoever is elected they are the one God has chosen for the United States at this time. 

My question is for Democrats and Republicans, why do they have to spend money to have a convention when they already know who the candidate will be.  Do you guys remember back when we watched the conventions to see who would be the candidate?  No big surprise this year.
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 05:38:27 PM »
I am in despair.  This guy, to me, is very dangerous to this country.  I don't care about his claims of being Christian, he is still Muslim to me.  We will see our Constitution go under faster than ever before IF he gets the job.  He wil lfind a way to continually work around the Constitution and erode the rights enumerated by the document.  Hussein, I hope will lose this election in a very large way.  His attitudes as demonstrated, will compromise us all, both individually and as a country.  He is too young and inexperienced to take on this job.  JMHO

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 05:41:32 PM »
Very inexperienced and we don't know him well enough to put our country in his hands.

Offline Eden

• Not in Drama Club or on the Debate Team!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 05:59:27 PM »
I think he will be assassinated if he is elected. I do not think this country, as a whole, is ready for a woman or black president. JMO
There are still too many racist Americans and as for a woman I think there are too many countries who would not take her seriously. Again JMO.
"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned"

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 06:28:28 PM »
If we, as a country, could (barely) survive Bush's 8 years of trampling the Constitution, invading a country with no plan for success, the corporate welfare and the payoffs to the richest of the rich with massive tax cuts at the expense of our future, it can survive anything.

Its sad to think that, in 2008, people can't accept the idea of a black man as president.  As if his skin color has anything to do with anything.  Just think of him as a white man with a black father instead of a black man with a white mother if that helps. 

"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline murfyzlaw

• My beautiful grandsons
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 06:34:33 PM »
I feel despair also, his slogan is change, but I have never heard exactly what this change entails, it scares me to death actually.  I feel like voting for me personally is useless this time.  I don't care that he is black, not an issue, to me it is his name, his inexperience, his church and preacher, of course, you just don't listen to a preacher for 20 or more years and not agree with what he is saying,  and i personally feel hussein is racist and anti- AMERICAN.  I never have known anything about any anti-christ before this  , but it makes you think.  I feel hopeless, just plain hopeless.
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Remember that no matter how bad things are in your life, there are others dealing with much worse obstacles, and be thankful for what you have.

Offline Eden

• Not in Drama Club or on the Debate Team!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2008, 06:36:03 PM »
Don't take wrong, I have no problem with it. I just think that the country as a whole is not ready for it. I have more of an issue with his religion - I have heard a lot of different things and I am not sure which is correct.
I feel this country is going down hill and fast. I might have jumped on a topic I should not have....think I am going to sneak out of this one!!!  :wave:
"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned"

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2008, 06:48:17 PM »
And after all the lies told by Mrs. Clinton???  When will it end?  Only with the election of John McCain.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline julymorning

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2008, 06:56:08 PM »
Don't forget changes won't come about quickly or too radically because of the checks and balances already set in place.  Whatever that means.
Actually, congress tends to take the edges off.
Hey, it's just me, Suzi

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2008, 07:44:31 PM »
Don't take wrong, I have no problem with it. I just think that the country as a whole is not ready for it. I have more of an issue with his religion - I have heard a lot of different things and I am not sure which is correct.
I feel this country is going down hill and fast. I might have jumped on a topic I should not have....think I am going to sneak out of this one!!!  :wave:
It's not his "religion" it's his pastor.  The denomination he is affiliated with is fine, it is just that pastor. 

I have no problem with his race it is not an issue at all, I am concerned about his muslim background.  I would be concerned if he were white and converted to muslim just as much.  My grandsons are biracial just like him and I would love to see one of them as president some day.

If I were him I would not pick Hillary as a running mate.  Does the name Vince Foster ring a bell with anyone.  He "killed himself" when he knew something about that land deal in Arkansas the Clintons were involved in. 

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2008, 07:48:00 PM »
AND...did you hear Hillary?  She said she would "certainly consider running for Vice President if that would help the Democrats win."  As if Obama couldn't win without her!!  Well, he can't win either way..IMO.  If by some fluke he does, this country is in a LOT of trouble.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2008, 09:46:53 PM »
AND...did you hear Hillary?  She said she would "certainly consider running for Vice President if that would help the Democrats win."  As if Obama couldn't win without her!!  Well, he can't win either way..IMO.  If by some fluke he does, this country is in a LOT of trouble.

Yeah, because its in SUCH great shape now.
"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline murfyzlaw

• My beautiful grandsons
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2008, 10:11:05 PM »

It's not his "religion" it's his pastor.  The denomination he is affiliated with is fine, it is just that pastor. 

I have no problem with his race it is not an issue at all, I am concerned about his muslim background.  I would be concerned if he were white and converted to muslim just as much.  My grandsons are biracial just like him and I would love to see one of them as president some day.

If I were him I would not pick Hillary as a running mate.  Does the name Vince Foster ring a bell with anyone.  He "killed himself" when he knew something about that land deal in Arkansas the Clintons were involved in. 

But he listened to this preacher and what he had to say for over 20 years.
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Remember that no matter how bad things are in your life, there are others dealing with much worse obstacles, and be thankful for what you have.

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
  • Home is what you make it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2008, 10:58:03 PM »
But he listened to this preacher and what he had to say for over 20 years.

The church we used to attend had a well known attorney that was infamous for snoring during the sermons.
Even though he attended every Sunday, I doubt he knew what was being preached.

My point is that just because someone goes to church, it doesn't necessarily mean they are listening.
Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous...

“The truth is, everyone is going to end up hurting you. You just have to find the ones who are worth suffering for.”

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2008, 11:14:39 PM »
The church we used to attend had a well known attorney that was infamous for snoring during the sermons.
Even though he attended every Sunday, I doubt he knew what was being preached.

My point is that just because someone goes to church, it doesn't necessarily mean they are listening.

Or that they goosestep to every word being spoken.

If that were the case, no person who ever went to church would ever have committed a sin, much less a crime.

And we all know that isn't the case.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2008, 12:11:22 AM »
can you give some factually correct examples of what W has done wrong to this country?
You are accusing him of what nobama has done.
Nobama steered earmarks to the two dispicable ministers he is trying to cut ties with. what about his ties to rezco? explain his wifes $200k pay raise after he was elected senator. you think there are no strings to that?
The country is in a lot better shape than the dems are saying.besides, the dems have been the majority congress. what happened to their "change"?

darrellmaurina

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2008, 12:29:07 AM »
Another poster wrote: "It's not his 'religion' it's his pastor.  The denomination he is affiliated with is fine, it is just that pastor."Just so we're all on the same page, Sen. Obama's now-former church is a member of the United Church of Christ, one of the most liberal denominations in America, not the Churches of Christ.The UCC is a merger from about five decades ago of the General Council of Congregational Christian Churches and the General Synod of the Evangelical and Reformed Church. It's the denomination to which Howard Dean also belongs. While there are certainly some good evangelical churches in the UCC that value their Congregational heritage dating back to the New England Puritans or their German Reformed heritage dating back to the authors of the Heidelberg Catechism in the Palatinate region of Germany, Rev. Wright is not by any means out of step with the majority of the UCC denominational leadership -- though he's a lot more vocal. Also, Rev. Wright has been successful, if that's the right word, in growing a very large church from small beginnings when most UCC churches are small dying congregations in large historic buildings.Before anyone claims I'm criticizing without knowing what the UCC is, I was baptized in Park Congregational UCC in Grand Rapids and know the denomination very, very well. I transferred my membership to a small evangelical Congregational denomination about twenty years ago after trying and failing to be an evangelical witness within a liberal church. Because there are no churches of the Conservative Congregational Christian Conference in this area, I attend a church of a different denomination here with a similar doctrinal position.It would be nice to say that the problem is with Rev. Wright and not with the UCC. Unfortunately, I know from bitter firsthand experience that his liberal views are far from unusual in the UCC.Regards,Darrell Todd Maurina

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2008, 02:53:01 AM »
Photobucket

Offline ladyitchb

• I see you........
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2008, 03:20:55 AM »
Honestly, I think the Democrats and Republicans need to unite and quit fighting each other. What ever happened to one nation under God? Whatever happened to America, and working for the people? We're worried about one person.....when Congress has alot of control over what goes on, and the Supreme Court has more power than is right. Every 4 years we vote another person into office, and it just gets worse. They lie or bypass questions...why can't someone just get up there and be honest for once.
Sometimes you feel like a nut......sometimes you just want to kick..........

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2008, 01:37:40 PM »
Well, MY country is doing just fine (other than the gas prices).  Both I and my husband are retired from the military and both have good jobs, good health care, a nice house, a new car, a fairly new truck, 2 motorcycles, and 3 dogs that get the best food and medical treatment, 2 kids, one a college graduate and both with good jobs.  It's ALL about planning ahead and staying on track.  Young people, listen up.  You won't always be living with mom and dad...get an education, join the military or do something for your future.  No one wants to hear you blame the president for the choices you make.

Yeah, because its in SUCH great shape now.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2008, 02:09:43 PM »
great post coyote. there is a lot to be said for personal responsibility in one's life.

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2008, 06:14:32 PM »
Well, MY country is doing just fine (other than the gas prices).  Both I and my husband are retired from the military and both have good jobs, good health care, a nice house, a new car, a fairly new truck, 2 motorcycles, and 3 dogs that get the best food and medical treatment, 2 kids, one a college graduate and both with good jobs.  It's ALL about planning ahead and staying on track.  Young people, listen up.  You won't always be living with mom and dad...get an education, join the military or do something for your future.  No one wants to hear you blame the president for the choices you make.

There is allot of truth here. Its up to YOU, not the Government to make it or not!
If your going to be dumb, you better be tough!

Offline Strictly Confidential

• Help! Coyote turned me into a little fella!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2008, 06:19:57 PM »
I think he will be assassinated if he is elected. I do not think this country, as a whole, is ready for a woman or black president. JMO
There are still too many racist Americans and as for a woman I think there are too many countries who would not take her seriously. Again JMO.

Your statement that Obama will surely be assasinated becuase he is black and we have too many racists in the country implies that there are no black racists (because white presidents don't get shot by black people).  There are CERTAINLY back racists, and your statement is too absolute to be taken seriously (sorry).

And a woman won't be take seriously?  All is can say is Margaret Thatcher, the Iron Maiden.  The wroldf absolutley took her seriously - in fact lets add Butros Butros Ghali (sp?) as well....
"All that is necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing." --Edmund Burke

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2008, 01:33:42 AM »
This may provide some answers. It was put up by the RNC (disclaimer) but it is supported by facts.

http://meetbarackobama.com/