Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: How much do you REALLY know about the canidate you back ?  (Read 5095 times)

Offline sway-

• View Profile
How much do you REALLY know about the canidate you back ?
« on: June 30, 2008, 08:13:44 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

How much of the truth do you know about the canidate you support for Decision 08' ? Do you know what they really support and what is truth and what is rumor ? Check all your information at www.rockthevote.com

Now why do you support them ? Or why don't you support them ?
[ No stupid answers like race,sex,relgion,etc..etc..]
Addiciting and expensive just like cocaine

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
Re: How much do you REALLY know about the canidate you back ?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 12:44:13 PM »
Why do you think race, sex and religion are "stupid" answers?
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline murfyzlaw

• My beautiful grandsons
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 01:23:28 PM »
Do you ever really know the truth about a candidate?  I mean they all make these crazy promises to get you to vote for them and then they flop when they get in there.  What it all comes down to is who can lie the best!  IMO
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Remember that no matter how bad things are in your life, there are others dealing with much worse obstacles, and be thankful for what you have.

Offline Strictly Confidential

• Help! Coyote turned me into a little fella!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 06:17:45 PM »
I blame partisanship for that more than anything else - don't matter how pure a canidate is in their intent, without the support of congress they are lame ducks, and too many votes are out of the best interest of a certain party - not the country...
"All that is necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing." --Edmund Burke

Offline sway-

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 07:27:35 PM »
Why do you think race, sex and religion are "stupid" answers?
Seriously..you woudn't vote for someone because they are black ? a woman ? or because of their relgious beliefs ? Now that is ignorant, and without a canidate to support certain issues how can they ever be brought up in congress to get changed ?

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 08:42:05 PM »
I'm sure there are many who will vote for a candidate because of their race or gender.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 11:33:32 PM »
I am voting AGAINST Oback Hussein Barama.  I don't care that he is PART black.  I DO care that he will destroy this country and tear it apart along with his co-conspirators in congress.

retired1_us

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008, 05:26:08 PM »
I am voting AGAINST Oback Hussein Barama.  I don't care that he is PART black.  I DO care that he will destroy this country and tear it apart along with his co-conspirators in congress.

I like how you said "vote against".  It is really looking more and more like New York and Chicago will be running the country for the next 4 years.  Not looking good at all.

Offline sway-

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2008, 08:14:01 AM »
Why do you think that Barack Obama will tear this country apart ?

Offline murfyzlaw

• My beautiful grandsons
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2008, 09:23:53 AM »
Just go to the Nobama page and you will know why he or anyone else thinks this way.

Remember that no matter how bad things are in your life, there are others dealing with much worse obstacles, and be thankful for what you have.

Offline sway-

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2008, 10:05:06 AM »
Eh i think any liberal or democrat will be great for this country..i think john mccain..is another bush...MORON ! [O look a french word for stop PAA-OO-SAY..]

Offline sway-

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2008, 10:06:13 AM »
Just go to the Nobama page and you will know why he or anyone else thinks this way.
Or could you support your answer with YOUR beleifs not some stupid website do you let everyone make your decisions for you ?

Offline murfyzlaw

• My beautiful grandsons
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2008, 11:51:30 AM »
Or could you support your answer with YOUR beleifs not some stupid website do you let everyone make your decisions for you ?

I believe I posted my own opinions on the Nobama page,  and i have noticed that you think your opinions are the only right opinions, if you don't like for someone to post theirs then don't start any more topics, geez , you haven't made much since on this topic or the prochoice one.  I am emphatically going to vote against Nobama whether you like it or not so get over it.

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2008, 01:32:06 PM »
And just exactly where are we supposed to get information?  Let's see..television, radio talk shows, internet, newspaper?  Where do you get yours...sounds like some liberal news media, probably internet.

Offline Eeyore

• "Never leave your partner behind"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2008, 03:53:20 PM »

ADMIN HAT ON
Also - Lets back off on the name calling - it is not necessary and does not add to a debate, it detracts from it and turns it toward arugment.
ADMIN HAT OFF

Sorry to combine threads but. . .

Your website is all truth and light? ----

How much of the truth do you know about the canidate you support for Decision 08' ? Do you know what they really support and what is truth and what is rumor ? Check all your information at www.rockthevote.com

Now why do you support them ? Or why don't you support them ?
[ No stupid answers like race,sex,relgion,etc..etc..]
    "Hey, hey, hey, hey now.  Don't be mean.  We don't have to be mean. because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are."      - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across The Eighth Dimension

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2008, 04:10:45 PM »
ADMIN HAT ON
Also - Lets back off on the name calling - it is not necessary and does not add to a debate, it detracts from it and turns it toward arugment.
ADMIN HAT OFF

Sorry to combine threads but. . .

Your website is all truth and light? ----

To much OD-ing on Morphine makes your mind cloudy and possible thunderstorms may appear!
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

retired1_us

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2008, 04:46:27 PM »
Food for thought about Obama from a bit of a different perspective:

http://www.csmonitor.com/2008/0519/p09s02-coop.html

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2008, 09:45:59 PM »
Morphine, what is pathetic is you get on your high horse about what's right and wrong for this country, yet you can't even display proper respect for the standing President of this nation - don't care if you back him or not, the office, what it means, and what it takes to achieve is worthy of a basic level of respect.

You have zero credibility when you speak of what is good for this country - as it is clear you are fundamentally lacking in certain regards - good judgement and decency among them - and you want to say what's good for America?

LOL...
"All that is necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing." --Edmund Burke

Offline sway-

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2008, 04:00:15 AM »
I believe I posted my own opinions on the Nobama page,  and i have noticed that you think your opinions are the only right opinions, if you don't like for someone to post theirs then don't start any more topics, geez , you haven't made much since on this topic or the prochoice one.  I am emphatically going to vote against Nobama whether you like it or not so get over it.
And Morphine is a music group i would appreciate it if you would not imply that i do drugs.

Wait,wait.. i never said which canidate i supported nor did i say or "imply" that my opinion is the correct one i stated that i thought that a dem or liberal would be good for this country and i just came across the website it broke things down pretty simply..and i didn't go to that obama website...so naa i don't know where you stand i started this topic to see where a lot people stood on the canidates in hopes that other people would post and open other peoples minds to issues.
To much OD-ing on Morphine makes your mind cloudy and possible thunderstorms may appear!
Morphine, what is pathetic is you get on your high horse about what's right and wrong for this country, yet you can't even display proper respect for the standing President of this nation - don't care if you back him or not, the office, what it means, and what it takes to achieve is worthy of a basic level of respect.

You have zero credibility when you speak of what is good for this country - as it is clear you are fundamentally lacking in certain regards - good judgement and decency among them - and you want to say what's good for America?

LOL...

And why should i support a president who doesn't take the time to sound out words and lie to his country....

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2008, 05:13:31 AM »
why do you think a dem or liberal would be good for this country?

You want a president to sound out words and LIE to this country?

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2008, 07:05:37 AM »
All I gotta say is that after 8 years of CLinton in office, no matter what he lied about, the country was MUCH MUCH MUCH better off than it was when he took office, and the country is totally f**ked after 8 years of Bush.

Lie to yourselves all you want, fear the boogie man all you want, but the US is in a shitload of trouble because of the delusional Republicans who ruined the country over the last 8 years.

9+ trillion in debt to countries like China and Saudi Arabia.

Osama Bin Laden running wild and free for the last 7 years Bush has been Commander in Chief.

The economy is in the shitter.

Gas is so expensive that even Democrats want to drill in Alaska while oil companies reap multi-billions in profits at the expense of middle class Americans.

Not a drop of the second largest oil reserves in the WORLD going to help US citizens who paid for and died for Iraq's "liberation" from Saddam.

Trillions being pumped into the corrupt puppet regime Bush and his cronies put in charge of Iraq.

The Taliban stronger than ever in Afghanistan.

The economy is a disaster thanks to trickle down bullshit.

The rich are richer than ever in the US. 

Health care?

Education?

Alternative energy sources?

Security?

Long term economic growth?

What has BUsh accomplished?

Creating a fear of Democrats and Liberals while destroying our contry.

And all anyone cares about is their guns.

Get some perspective, folks. 

I'd trade every gun I have ever owned for Bin Laden's head on a silver platter.

I'd trade every tax cut Bush gave to his political donors for Bin Laden's testicles on a skewer.

And I'd trade everything I ever owned for a UNITED States of America, the country that could have emerged from the ashes of 9/11 had Bush not decided to politicize the death of 3000 American citizens at the hands of the Saudi Arabians hijackers.

Yes, I blame Fox and Rush because they know they are lying and manipulating Republicans.  I also blame Conservatives who refuse to admit they are wrong.

At the end of the day, the country was far better off during the Clinton adminstration that it was during the Bush adminstration.

And the country will be far better off under Obama than it will be under McCain.

Stop lying to yourselves, Conservatives.

You know it is true.
"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2008, 01:25:20 PM »
I won't remark on all your "points" which are a little silly, but here's a few.  - Osama ran free under Clinton and even sat down with him..then he just got up and went off on his merry, murderous way..why is that Bush's fault now?  - I'm doing economically well...I could brag, but I won't.  Let's just say I work hard for what I have.  - Liberal, tree hugging Democrats are who stopped the domestic oil drilling in the first place and now are trying to jump through their butts to lower the cost and blame anyone and everyone for their mistake.  - Health Care?  Education?  What about personal responsibility to get an education and uh hum...a job to pay for health care.  Why go crying to the government for handouts?  So what the rich are getting richer?  Who's taxes are paying for the poor's freebees?  JMHO.

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2008, 02:03:40 PM »

And why should i support a president who doesn't take the time to sound out words and lie to his country....

um, so you don't like him 'cause he doesn't take the time to lie to his country?

I do hope you are not so nieve to believe that any politician is going to tell you the truth 100% of the time

Simple fact of the matter - the great majority of obamma voters are voting for obamma because:

1.  He's not republican
2.  He's black
3.  He has a high "Q-factor" and reads a tele prompter extremely well
4.  He's saying exactly what people want to hear, knowing full well most of what he promises is not executable

Personaly, I'm too smart to vote for the guy.

retired1_us

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2008, 02:39:36 PM »
um, so you don't like him 'cause he doesn't take the time to lie to his country?

I do hope you are not so nieve to believe that any politician is going to tell you the truth 100% of the time

Simple fact of the matter - the great majority of obamma voters are voting for obamma because:

1.  He's not republican
2.  He's black
3.  He has a high "Q-factor" and reads a tele prompter extremely well
4.  He's saying exactly what people want to hear, knowing full well most of what he promises is not executable

Personaly, I'm too smart to vote for the guy.

Well said.  He is being sold to us.  The question in my mind is by whom?

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2008, 03:11:41 PM »
What_The......

wow.

Your post elicits a ???? What_The???? from me.

You are way, way out of touch - the economy TODAY is a direct reflection of the policies, inaction and ineptitude of the Clinton administration - can you say ALAN GREENSPAN and housing buble?  Allowing banks to sell worthles paper as top down economic policy was idiotic, and you can thank that regime for what you are living today.

Are you seriously thinking that ANYTHING done at a macro level has an immediate impact on the economy? ??? ?

If so, WHY would it take 8 years for drilling today to make ANY effect/impact on the US oil supply and prices.

Seriously, think about it.  I'm surprised you rant so openly when it is apparent your understanding of macro and micro economics leaves a great deal to be desired.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2008, 04:29:50 PM »
the clinton years coasted from the work reagan did. when japan's economy was hitting the skids in the 90's, it was suggested bubba give advive and help japan's economy recover. he didn't do it . why? He didn't know how.

Dems  WANT to drill for more oil? that's a good one! Who killed legislation this year to drill in anwr. recover oil from shale,expand ocs drilling,give governors more authority to expand ocs? the dems. (reminds about the saturday night live skit "da bears")

bubba left office with a country in recession.

It would be interesting to see the proof to back your comments. or is it just something you read somewhere?

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2008, 12:47:10 AM »
LOL - everytime I participate in a political thread I have negative karma added on, but the people doing it never bother to post a rebuttal to my post.... that speaks volumes about their ability to defend their position eh?   ;D

This thread got me -2   8)

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2008, 12:52:02 AM »
LOL - everytime I participate in a political thread I have negative karma added on, but the people doing it never bother to post a rebuttal to my post.... that speaks volumes about their ability to defend their position eh?   ;D

This thread got me -2   8) 

There you go buddy i uped you one+ karma
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2008, 01:37:56 AM »
I know what you mean sc, some just can't face facts. And
some just suffer from catfishitis, big mouth small brain.

Offline murfyzlaw

• My beautiful grandsons
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2008, 05:41:06 AM »
I gave you one back Strictly Confidential!