Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Poll

Vote For Eastern District Commissioner

Earl Arnold
Bill Farnham

Author Topic: What's your vote for Eastern District Commisioner?  (Read 29084 times)

Offline okie the thread killer

• View Profile
Re: What's your vote for Eastern District Commisioner?
« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2008, 01:10:34 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Well, he sure still has mine. You would not believe the work going on down in this valley, and it's a good thing with all the rain we have coming.
I have it on good authority that the Hokey-Pokey really IS what it's all about.

Offline ~kathy~

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2008, 01:15:23 AM »
i have a question since bobby miller is running, is he even in the eastern distric? the reason i ask is if he is then why is the western side blading his road?
Go ahead and blame me....Everyone else does

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2008, 03:34:12 AM »
I don't know, but since he lost the primary, maybe he gave up his eastern district residence? Good question tho.

Offline ~kathy~

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2008, 03:46:08 AM »
no he still lives in the same place as he has for years, i was told his place was put into the eastern districts side but then they made one from the western side work on his road. just makes no since to me.
Go ahead and blame me....Everyone else does

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2008, 04:08:18 AM »
Hmm, interesting. I wonder what the story is on that one..

Offline Law101

• Global Moderator
  • Big Piney Community Activist
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2008, 01:42:12 PM »
He is getting quite a bit done out in the Big Piney area.  I will still be voting for him. 

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 11, 2008, 02:45:07 PM »
IMHO  Bill Farnham is the only Commissioner that does not think he is above all people.  He may not be the fulltime Commissioner as promised but he is the only one that I see helping or trying to find solutions to the Counties problems without BS spewing forth or his ego getting in the way. This view is not just because of my employment.  I live in his district and we have the same issues as everyone else on our street.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 11, 2008, 03:16:35 PM »
So you admit he mislead the voters when he said he would be a full time Commissioner?

I am Voting for Earl Arnold..

IMHO  Bill Farnham is the only Commissioner that does not think he is above all people.  He may not be the fulltime Commissioner as promised but he is the only one that I see helping or trying to find solutions to the Counties problems without BS spewing forth or his ego getting in the way. This view is not just because of my employment.  I live in his district and we have the same issues as everyone else on our street.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 11, 2008, 03:23:14 PM »
Update, they droped the ticket, seems my aunt works at the court house.. LOL

Had a great time at the Lepard family reunion, but I learned my grandfathers real dads last name was Bradley.. Long story, but I learned I come from the Bradley family near New Albany.. AND I got a speeding ticket following my cousins wife, trying to keep up with her so I wouldn't get lost.. She felt bad, and I rubbed it in..

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 11, 2008, 04:15:31 PM »
So you admit he mislead the voters when he said he would be a full time Commissioner?

I wouldn't be to quick to jump on this band wagon.
 #1 do we know for sure he is selling real estate full time?
 #2 He may still be working full time on the roads and sell
      real estate after his day job.
 #3 Do you really think Earl Arnold will be a full time commissioner and not hold down another job?
 #4 We know what Bill will do and support we don't know what Earl will do only what he has said, action speaks louder than words, he could turn out just to be another Billy ransdall
do you want to take that chance again?
    Doesn't Earl have some baggage to explain? has he been upfront when asked questions is he a JT or JB supporter?
has he asked JT to answer the questions in the daily guide?
  I will just have to wait and see what come of all this because Bill Farnham has done a good job so far just ask the people that has dealt with him.
 JMO.  TTFN

Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline oldcowpoke

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 11, 2008, 04:51:42 PM »

You'll be sorry.

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 11, 2008, 05:37:07 PM »
I know his picture in in the real estate book, put out by Pulaski County Real Estate Board, as an agent for ReMax.  Maybe it is just a back up plan for when he loses the election.
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 12, 2008, 01:22:47 AM »

No idea on that Rick.  I didn't live here at the time.  For a part timer I seem to talk to him or see him alot.  He is involved. 

Haven't seen or heard anyone else that wants the job. 
I know zero about any of them.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2008, 02:20:00 AM »
Ladies having a hard time deciding who to vote for, for Eastern District Commissioner? Then go by looks if you can't decide...

http://content.gatehousemedia.com/files/20/farnham,arnold10:28.pdf

Offline Law101

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 30, 2008, 01:04:26 PM »
I will still be voteing for Com. Farnham.  He is the only Commissioner that seems to care about this County and shows it by getting involved in such things as the new generator for the courthouse. 

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 30, 2008, 04:04:58 PM »
So if the people saying he used county money to pave a private road are right, you would still vote for him? Wouldn't that give him the go ahead to spend our hard earned money in this way again? When I asked people in power at the court house they couldn't comment on it, that tells me there must be something to this.. Because if there wasn't an on going case or investigation they would say so immediately. Why is it being buried until after the election? If he has to step down because of it, the Governor will appoint his replacement, not us..

I bet the guy who allegedly got his road paved with county money is voting for him too...

Personally I don't claim to walk on water.. I have not been the perfect person all my life, just like most people.. But when it comes to county money I draw the line, there will never be any relief coming from me when I think we might be getting screwed. People in that position must be above reproach, or I am going to report it, over and over. I don't care what our elected officials do in their private life.. I care what they do to our lives..

I will still be voteing for Com. Farnham.  He is the only Commissioner that seems to care about this County and shows it by getting involved in such things as the new generator for the courthouse.

Offline cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 30, 2008, 04:36:43 PM »
So if the people saying he used county money to pave a private road are right, you would still vote for him? Wouldn't that give him the go ahead to spend our hard earned money in this way again? When I asked people in power at the court house they couldn't comment on it, that tells me there must be something to this.. Because if there wasn't an on going case or investigation they would say so immediately. Why is it being buried until after the election? If he has to step down because of it, the Governor will appoint his replacement, not us..

I bet the guy who allegedly got his road paved with county money is voting for him too...

Personally I don't claim to walk on water.. I have not been the perfect person all my life, just like most people.. But when it comes to county money I draw the line, there will never be any relief coming from me when I think we might be getting screwed. People in that position must be above reproach, or I am going to report it, over and over. I don't care what our elected officials do in their private life.. I care what they do to our lives..

Wasn't there in article in the DG that said he was under investigation.?

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 30, 2008, 04:39:16 PM »
All I saw in he paper was the Prosecutor would release the infomation under the sunshine law, but did not specify what information, or what case. This was after a closed session of the County Commission meeting. I believe other readers made te acusation in the papers comment section.

Wasn't there in article in the DG that said he was under investigation.?

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 30, 2008, 04:44:46 PM »
What surprises me is how much time is spent here talking about the presidential race while local corruption goes unnoticed.. We all can't do much to change the outcome of the presidential race but we sure can affect change at the local level.. We can't change how things are done in Washington for sure. It seems like we have alot of people in local government treating us all like a bunch of idiots. We need to speak out against this behavior..

Offline shopper

• Lurker
  • Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 01, 2008, 01:11:13 AM »
Farnham will not be getting my vote. He needs to be held accountable for use of county funds.

Offline GlennA

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 01, 2008, 01:16:27 AM »
Bill has always responded to my calls and helped me get the state to fix what wasn't the county's responsibility.   I also know how much work he did when we had the Ice Storms.   He has my vote, no question about it.

Offline Law101

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 01, 2008, 01:37:43 AM »
Rick, if there was proof of wrong doing on Farnham's part, I would be first in line to raise cain!  I have heard too many stories of the past elections in this County to be willing to accept any rumors about anyone.  I read the story about the paved road here on the board.  I also read where someone else had driven over to take a look at the paved road and there wasn't one. 

I don't believe that anyone should make any judgements about anyone when it is solely based on rumor and conjecture.  This is more apt to happen during election time.  I will be very sorry and disappointed if the rumors turn out to be true but until I know for certain, I won't be pointing a finger at anyone. 

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 01, 2008, 02:01:42 AM »
What surprises me is how much time is spent here talking about the presidential race while local corruption goes unnoticed.. We all can't do much to change the outcome of the presidential race but we sure can affect change at the local level.. We can't change how things are done in Washington for sure. It seems like we have alot of people in local government treating us all like a bunch of idiots. We need to speak out against this behavior..

Local corruption?  Do you know for sure or just some BS? Lets hear it! Bill has my vote!
If your going to be dumb, you better be tough!

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 01, 2008, 02:17:30 AM »
Depends on your definition of corruption.. Let's say a County Commissioner from lets say Texas County charges road work on a personal road to one is the county, would you call that corrupt? Is there something he's hiding? Why would he need to charge it to some other road in the county? And where did I say Bills names in my remark? You must assume he's guilty of something?

Local corruption?  Do you know for sure or just some BS? Lets hear it! Bill has my vote!

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 01, 2008, 02:20:31 AM »
Nobody has yet told me what road was paved. I heard a rumor that it was up on Misty Mountain, so I drove up there to check and it wasn't paved. What road was it?

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 01, 2008, 04:42:22 AM »
Rockwood Estates Y Highway I am told.

Nobody has yet told me what road was paved. I heard a rumor that it was up on Misty Mountain, so I drove up there to check and it wasn't paved. What road was it?

Offline Law101

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 01, 2008, 01:45:37 PM »
I read DTM's article in the WDG and was disappointed in what Bill had done.  I hope he learned from this and follows proper procedures in the future.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 01, 2008, 01:52:30 PM »
Someone had suggested the Commissioners turn in their mileage, and donate that money to the Sheriff's department. The Road and Bridge department has better funding, and that would be one way it could help other departments.

I read DTM's article in the WDG and was disappointed in what Bill had done.  I hope he learned from this and follows proper procedures in the future.

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 01, 2008, 03:35:07 PM »
Farnham will not be getting my vote. He needs to be held accountable for use of county funds.

Hope people think this when they vote for Sheriff.

Offline crazy horse

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 01, 2008, 06:25:59 PM »
Vote Earl Arnold to restore honor in the Eastern District seat.